PRIMERA TENS FEATURES & BENEFITS:
- 8 PRIMERA TENS PROGRAMS FOR THE TEMPORARY RELIEF OF PAIN.
- 5 NMES PROGRAMS TO IMPROVE MUSCLE PERFORMANCE.
- PRIMERA TENS (PAIN RELIEF) MODES INCLUDE:
- Continuous TENS – Provides continuous stimulation during the treatment time.
- Burst Mode TENS – Low-level stimulation with a variety of short bursts, changing in pulse width and rate.
- Modulation TENS – Stimulation is continuously cycling the pulse width and rate.
- HAN TENS – Stimulation is continuously cycling the pulse width and rate.
Pulse width means how long each pulse last (usually seconds or less)
Pulse rate means how many times you feel that pulse within the width
WHAT’S IN THE BOX:
Primera TENS Unit Carrying Case 9-Volt Battery Leadwires (2) Electrodes (2 packages of 4 electrodes) Electrode Positioner Belt for the back User Manual
WHAT IS TENS?
Primera TENS (Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation) Unit is used to ease pain (acute or chronic). Through a TENS device, tiny electronic pulses are delivered through the surface of the skin and along the nerve strands. Think of TENS as a pain blocker.
The stimulating pulses prevent signals of pain to be delivered to the brain. Primera TENS machines also help the body produce high levels of endorphins, which are the body’s natural pain fighting mechanism
WHAT IS NMES?
NMES (Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation) is a non-invasive, non-addictive means of muscle rehabilitation after injury, surgery or disease. Electrodes are placed on the skin over selected muscle groups.
Through electrical stimulation, the muscles contract, reducing pains associated with orthopedic and neurological diagnoses.
HOW TO USE THE PRIMERA TENS/NMES DEVICE
Please read your device user’s manual before use.
1. Insert the batteries into the device.
2. Connect the lead wires to the electrodes.
3. Apply electrodes to the treatment site.
a. Wash and dry the skin area where you will apply the electrodes.
b. The device instruction manual contains electrode placement guides.
4. Insert the lead wires into the ports on the device.
6. Press the PRG (Program) button to select the treatment program.
a. P01-P07 or HAN for preset TENS programs.
b. P08-P13 for present NMES programs.
c. The summary of the programs can be found in the instruction manual.
7. Adjust the intensity to the desired levels by pressing the + and – buttons for Channel A and Channel B.
8. When the treatment session is complete, press the power button to turn the device off.
|Program Number||Description||Rate (Hz)||Pulse Width (mS)||Work Time (s)||Rest Time (s)||Program Time|